Key Holder/Senior Sales Specialist
Reports To: General Manager
The purpose of this position is to serve clients as well as new customers and foster relationships to increase sales.
- Set personal sales goal with General Manager and Director of Retail and achieve personal goal while supporting goals of Management team.
- Open the store or close the store.
- Foster relationships with Sales Associates/Support Staff and assist in training them by education on process, tools, and technology.
- Build positive team relationships.
- Demonstrate ownership, accountability and initiative
- Handle any customer service issues in a positive manner.
- Ensure the security and privacy of all customer information.
- Greet customers in a timely professional and engaging manner.
- Incorporate product knowledge in the selling process.
- Provide the best customer service possible.
- Build lasting relationships.
- Promote brand by informing customers of clients of any sales or upcoming events.
- Consistently follow up on sales and customer service issues.
- Assist and delegate general housekeeping duties.
- Provide stock support when necessary including facilitating transfers and holds.
- Consistently seek new trend and product knowledge.
(which support the Essential Functions so noted above)
- 3 to 5 years retail experience preferred working in a sales environment with a focus on clienteling.
- Knowledge of the contemporary market.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Computer literate.
Matt Baldwin is the founder, designer and CEO of BALDWIN denim and collection and STANDARD STYLE. After receiving a degree in Apparel Manufacturing from FIDM in Los Angeles, Matt Baldwin continued to solidify his academic experience by working with various brands while also honing his own design skills. After moving back to the Midwest, he founded STANDARD STYLE in 2003, a men’s and women’s multi-brand specialty retail business with two brick and mortar locations in Kansas City and in 2009, Baldwin denim and collection. In December of 2013, GQ Magazine named Matt Baldwin one of the Best New Menswear Designers in America. With a keen focus on authenticity, functionality and a strong attention to detail and inclusiveness, Matt continues to expand the BALDWIN brand while maintaining a sense of ease and appreciation for modern relevant design rooted in the grit and grace of the American Midwest. In 2015 Matt was selected as a top 10 finalist in the CFDA Vogue Fashion Fund where he competed through an Amazon studios documentation of five months of design challenges and mentorship by Anna Wintour and the fashion industry’s top industry talent. BALDWIN emerged as one of the top brands to watch globally. Amazon will air the docuseries in Feburary 2016.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.