Reports To: DESIGN DIRECTOR-MEN’S
Manages development & execution of Menswear Imported Product Lines across multiple product categories from concept to completion to meet the needs of the overall brand identity and financial strategy.
- Research, analyze, and interpret seasonal inspiration for brand and present concepts
- Assist Executive team, Planning and Product Development to establish merchandise plans and sku development seasonally
- Lead product knowledge presentations to retail stores seasonally
- Work to create a stable work environment with a steady and systematic workflow
- Oversees the spec pass off to manufacturing partners on behalf of design and communicates daily with HKO and suppliers on questions and changes to specs, standards, and aids in interpreting design needs.
- Monitors and reviews all prototypes and market samples to insure faithful execution to spec as well as meets quality, execution, and construction standards. Provides feedback and information to factories in order to make necessary changes clear and organized.
- Ensure target price and product designs are aligned through predictive costing
- Manage execution of Protos / Samples/Pre-Production activities and monitor timely receipt to meet all deadlines
- Create, organize & manage the technical design of Men’s ready-to-wear collections from initial design concepts through production including but not limited to: tech pack creation, writing production specifications, fit development, TOP review & quality assurance
- 3 years + experience in apparel technical design w/ specialization in Men’s Shirts & Outerwear
- Apparel Design degree
- Expert in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Microsoft Excel
- Possess strong understanding of all elements of technical design including fit & pattern execution
- Highly proficient in creating detailed flat illustrations, construction details and production specifications
- Maintains vendor relationships & communicates fit comments clearly with overseas vendors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Extremely organized
- Deadline driven
- Positive & high energy
- Ability to succeed in fast-paced high-pressure work environment
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.