Associate Manager – Full Time
Job Status: Non-exempt, Hourly
Reports to: General Manager, Assistant General Manager
BALDWIN is not just a store, it is a community. As part of our management team, you lead the voice of our brand
through genuine conversation, community connection, and exemplary behavior. You will bring our clientele into our
community by introducing them to our unique culture, through service, and by creating an industry leading store
experience. Our Managers are empowered to create a remarkable experience for our clientele by going above
industry standards, exceeding client expectations, and leading a top-level sales team. As an Associate Manager, you
will also be challenged to drive the sales and profitability goals of the store by maximizing the potential of your sales
team through leadership and clear direction.
Our Managers act as brand representatives, product experts, and brand advocates for BALDWIN. They take pride in
the brand, the product, their store, and their sales team while working to deliver a compelling shopping experience.
Our managers are an invaluable part of a team where they lead through individuality, authenticity, and
self-expression to make our stores thrive while bringing out clients into our community.
- Support the General Manager and Assistant General manager by executing all company initiatives, upholding store standards, following operational guidelines, and
- Possess an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset, utilize all tools/support provided through the framework of the BALDWIN business while creating compelling ways to elevate client experience to drive store results.
- Drive sales by delivering industry-leading service, connecting with our clients, styling and wardrobing each client based on their lifestyle while building sales and long lasting relationships.
- Exemplify an optimistic and energetic presence through team collaboration while building strong relationships with customers to maximize customer loyalty.
- Demonstrate a client centric mindset by engaging clients in a genuine way, connecting through community, going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- Exhibit behavior that respects the diverse background, experience, and cultural differences of others.
- Embody honesty, integrity, and loyalty while exuding a high level of personal standards and self-motivation to achieve their personal best on a daily basis.
- Be part of the local community. Know your neighborhoods: the events, artists, local influencers and style-makers. Bring the local community into the BALDWIN community.
- Strong multi-tasker and resourceful, jumping into any activity as needed to lead and grow the business.
- Utilize knowledge and skills garnered from fit sessions, product training, and corporate direction to elevate client experience.
- Have a strong, stylish, inspired personal appearance, and maintain the high visual standards of our store.
- Lead the team by being thoughtful, inquisitive, and bold; they ask meaningful questions, listen intently, inspire change, learn from others.
- Outgoing, passionate, deliberate, friendly, helpful, and always willing to serve others.
- Lead productive customer experience manager segments by facilitating an energized pace, positive service environment, and team development.
- Build repeat business by ensuring all client program tools and strategies around data capture, outreach, and follow up are consistently executed.
- Ensure store teams receive customer service & product knowledge training to strengthen selling skills.
People & Development
- Assist in the facilitation of in-store product and development training sessions, where needed, to develop the ability and knowledge of both individuals and the overall team.
- Coach and mentor staff to achieve optimal results.
- Maintain employee attitude and morale by recognizing co-worker’s performance and service; inspire employees so that each person contributes to the productivity of the store.
- Coach and develop staff and administer disciplinary actions when needed.
Minimum Candidate Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of experience in a high end, client facing position such as retail, hospitality, or the service industry. Retail, High-end fashion, or Boutique preferred.
- Candidates must possess a positive, high-energy, friendly, outgoing and engaging personality.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills allowing for effective communication with clients in and out of the retail location, as well as with the corporate support teams.
- Retail Operations knowledge including: sales, building clientele, customer service, merchandising, inventory control, store budget preparation and loss prevention.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to coordinate operational tasks, including receiving shipment and maintaining store cleanliness, will participate in those tasks when additional support is needed.
- The ability to learn technology and interact with our retail POS system, google docs, and email. RetailPro experience is a bonus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays, to meet the needs of the business.
- Continually able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, necessary to provide sales floor coverage related to customer service and loss prevention.
- Ability to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry product for a short distance (up to 25-50 pound) necessary for customer service, inventory re-stock, and store merchandising.
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas with ease.
- Able to regularly perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean.
- Comfortable climbing ladders and using a step stool
- The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive BALDWIN compensation package which may include short and/or long term incentives, clothing allowance, and merchandise discount, medical/dental benefits, 401k, in addition to hourly wages and a bonus structure based off store performance.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.