Assistant Store Manager
Reports To: Store Manager
The purpose of this position is to directly support the Store Manager through training, operations, stock management, and driving store volume.
- Leads by example by providing quality customer service.
- Coaches the team on discretionary services and clienteling.
- Acts in the best interest of the customer and consistently follow up on sales and customer service issues.
- Delivers above and beyond service.
- Drive store volume and enhance customer experience with a focus on education.
- Great customers in a timely professional and engaging manner.
- Incorporate product knowledge in the selling process.
- Demonstrate ownership, accountability and initiative.
- Handle any customer service issues in a positive manner.
- Ensure the security and privacy of all customer information.
- Promote brand by informing customers of clients of any sales or upcoming
- Events and work with General Manager and Retail Director to plan and implement in store events and promotions.
- Delivers performance counseling as needed.
- Provides timely and constructive feedback to Sales Associates and Keyholders.
- Receives feedback in an open and receptive manner.
- Takes ownership of self development.
- Performs division of responsibilities with competence and minimal supervision.
- Actively manage clienteling by monitoring each Sales Associate’s client book and make suggestions on client development and retention.
- Consistently seek new trend and product knowledge.
Drive and Produce Results
- Can self assess and course correct
- Receptive to feedback and able to modify as necessary.
- Trains the Standard way of Excellence and holds team accountable to the Standard Way of
- Develops and executes strategies to drive business and comp LY sales.
- Maintains a visually enticing store that is neat, clean, and organized.
- Report sales and analysis as requested.
- Prioritizes workload to maximize efficiency and minimize impact on customer experience.
- Seeks creative solutions to challenges.
- Maintains a healthy work environment for team.
- Interfaces with all levels of management and associates in a manner that promotes learning and mutual respect.
- Assist the General Manager in scheduling Sales Associates.
- Oversee stock including monitoring transfers and holds and ensuring proper SKU levels.
- Delegate general housekeeping duties.
- Support General Manager in participating in weekly meetings.
- Monitor each employee’s progress in General Manager’s absence and make suggestions to the General Manager for areas of improvement.
- Make qualified and quantified suggestions for the buy in consultation with the General Manager.
- Help recruit sales talent.
- Set personal sales goals for employees with General Manager and Director of Retail and achieve personal goal while supporting goals of Management team.
- Supervise physical inventory twice a year with General Manager.
- Foster Teamwork and Develop Partnerships
- Build positive team relationships.
- Ensures a positive work environment through recognition and motivation
- Resolves personnel concerns fairly and in a timely fashion
- Supports new initiatives.
- Document any employee issues and report them to Retail Director in consultation with General Manager.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform essential functions of the job.
- 1 to 2 years in retail management or 3-5 years retail sales experience with proven track record of additional responsibility and training.
- Advanced knowledge of the contemporary market.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent leadership experience.
- Clienteleling experience.
- Computer literate.
- Retail Pro experience or similar POS system knowledge a plus.
- Strong eye for Fashion
- Physical Requirements: lift/carry/move 40lbs minimum including fixtures and product
- Ability to actively engage the sales floor
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including holidays and weekends.
Matt Baldwin is the founder, designer and CEO of BALDWIN denim and collection and STANDARD STYLE. After receiving a degree in Apparel Manufacturing from FIDM in Los Angeles, Matt Baldwin continued to solidify his academic experience by working with various brands while also honing his own design skills. After moving back to the Midwest, he founded STANDARD STYLE in 2003, a men’s and women’s multi-brand specialty retail business with two brick and mortar locations in Kansas City and in 2009, Baldwin denim and collection.
In December of 2013, GQ Magazine named Matt Baldwin one of the Best New Menswear Designers in America. With a keen focus on authenticity, functionality and a strong attention to detail and inclusiveness, Matt continues to expand the BALDWIN brand while maintaining a sense of ease and appreciation for modern relevant design rooted in the grit and grace of the American Midwest. In 2015 Matt was selected as a top 10 finalist in the CFDA Vogue Fashion Fund where he competed through an Amazon studios documentation of five months of design challenges and mentorship by Anna Wintour and the fashion industry’s top industry talent. BALDWIN emerged as one of the top brands to watch globally. Amazon will air the docuseries in Feburary 2016.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.